TSI FitPlus was the software companion to the now-retired Portacount Plus 8020, 8028, and 8095 respirator fit testing systems. And, as the fit testing devices were upgraded, so was the software.
So, TSI FitPlus does not work with the newer Portacount Pro 8038 and Pro+ 8038 fit test systems, and you will need to install the newer FitPro software.
But what happens to all your data from the old database?
Chapter 3 of the FitPro software user manual covers the process for converting your old FitPlus (Microsoft Access-based database) to one you can continue to use with FitPro (built on Microsoft SQL). You can read it or download it from our TSI FitPro software page. On that page, you can also download the TSI FitPro installer.
- Install the FitPro software on your PC (compatible with Microsoft Windows XP 32-bit and Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems).
- Launch the program, and from the software menu, select Database > Utilities > Convert to bring up the conversion dialog box.
- Click [Browse...] and navigate to the location of your FitPlus database.
- Click [Browse...] again and navigate to wherever you want to store your FitPro database.
- Click the [Convert Data] button and wait for the message "Database conversion complete".
- Click [Exit] to get back to the main screen.
- To activate your database (the system doesn't do this automatically), go to Database > Change Active and select your new FitPro database.
Learn more about the TSI PortaCount Pro respirator fit test systems:
- TSI PortaCount Pro fit test systems available to rent
- TSI FitPro fit test management and reporting software, included free with every PortaCount Pro rental
- Training on TSI PortaCount systems and FitPro software
- More blog articles on respirator fit testing