RAECO Rents Service Policies and Promises
RAECO Rents is here to help you fulfill your most important objectives: (1) to get the instrumentation you need, (2) to get instrumentation that works, and (3) to make sure you can use the instruments to their fullest capability. Below are our service policies, to let you know how easy it is to do business with RAECO Rents.
- Do you take reservations?
- Yes. To ensure availability and get the lowest shipping rates, please reserve as early as possible. If you know you're going to need a rental unit for regularly-scheduled testing, consider reserving as soon as you're done using the instrument. That way, you can be assured the instrumentation will be ready for you the next time you need it.
- Is the equipment in good condition?
- Of course! We check each kit before shipping to ensure that you receive the instrument in working condition per manufacturer specifications. If the instrument is damaged or is not functioning because of shipping, call us immediately and we'll send you a replacement from our stock. We will then extend your rental for the time lost and add the days it takes for us to get you a replacement. (So, if you lose a day working, and it takes us a day to get you a replacement, we add two free days to your rental contract.)
- What comes with my rental?
- Your rental kit includes all the instrumentation, accessories, software, and manuals to do your job, plus copies of the current calibration certificates for the instruments. When you get the rental, you'll see the checkout sheet we use to confirm everything is included before we ship. Please use the checklist to verify you're returning all the parts, and send it back with your rental. That way, you won't be charged for any missing accessories.
- For reporting purposes, your kit includes a printed copy of the instrument's calibration certificate. Still, some customers have told us that making copies of calibration certs isn't possible (because they're working from the field), or they forget. So, the night your rental ships, we send you an e-mail with the digital calibration certificate (PDF) attached, so you'll have it on file to keep with your project documentation and reports.
- What about consumables?
- You can supply your own filters, gas detection tubes, and mask adapter kits, or you can purchase them from RAECO Rents. If you do order consumables from us, you'll be billed for these accessories in addition to your regular rental fee. You will not be expected to return the consumables to us. They're yours to keep.
- When does my rental period begin and end?
- Daily rentals are 24 hours, weekly are 7 days (including the weekend), and monthly are 28 days. Your rental starts on the first FULL day the instrument is in your hands and ends on the day you ship the instrument back. Unless an instrument is schedule for early AM arrival, you are not charged rental costs for the day the unit gets to you.
- Every rental includes a pre-paid return shipping label. We use that label's tracking number to determine when the instrument enters the UPS system, and stops being in your possession. That's the point at which your rental period officially stops.
- We ask that you return the instrument on the evening of your last rental day. We understand that this may not be possible, and don't penalize you if you're unable to get the instrument into the UPS system until the next morning.
- What if I need the instrument early to familiarize myself with its operation?
- We will send the instrument our as early as you feel you need it. For the first day, we will only charge you a half-day rental rate. All other days will be charged at the regular rates.
- What if the rental arrives late?
- Let us know immediately. If delivery has been held up by bad weather, issues with the carrier, or other factors beyond your control, just call us. We'll adjust the rental period to satisfy your requirements, at no additional cost to you.
- What's expected of me when I rent?
Pretty standard stuff. Treat our instruments like you would if you borrowed them from a good friend. Treat them well, wipe them down, return them on time, that sort of thing. Or, as the campers would say, "Tread lightly and leave no trace."
- Do no harm to the instrumentation. If any damage happens due to misuse or accident, you agree to pay RAECO Rents for the repair or replacement costs.
- If you need to extend your rental period, communicate it immediately with the RAECO Rents team and make arrangements for payment, and so we can make any necessary arrangements for the next user.
- Return the instrumentation and all non-consumable accessories in the condition they were sent to you, and in the agreed time period.
- Please don't send us your jobsite dirt! We provide citrus-based towelettes with instruments that tend to be used in dirty environments. If you have one, please wipe down the instrument enclosure. Do not use it on the instrument LCD or on internals.
Ordering on the RAECO Rents Website
- Do I need to have an account with you before I can order online?
- No. After you place your online order, we'll set you up in our system with an account. If your first order is less than $750, and you prefer not to pay by credit card, we can accept a PO and send you an invoice. If your order is for more than $750, we will ask for credit references and get your account approved for a larger credit limit.
- What happens when I place an order online?
- First, you'll get an automated e-mail confirming any details you entered on our website. Then, the order comes through the secure web store to our rental team, and we'll check our rental fleet for availability. Next, we call you to confirm the dates you need the instrument to verify you're getting exactly what you need, and clarify any special billing or delivery instructions.
Fees and Charges
- Do you charge a deposit?
- No. However, we do ask that you return your instrument in the condition it was sent. If you cause damage to an instrument due to improper use or accidental damage, you will be charged repair costs. If kit accessories are missing or damaged, you will be responsible for the replacement costs.
- Is there a cancellation fee?
- The only time we charge a cancellation fee is if the instrument is already on its way to you. In that case, we charge a one-day rental for each kit we ship. If you cancel before the rental leaves our warehouse, there is no charge. So, to be safe, make sure you call in any cancellations before 4:00pm Central, so we can pull the order from our shipping bench.
- Do I have to pay for weekends?
- No. For daily rates, we only count Monday through Friday. The only time you'll pay for anything regarding a weekend is when you need a rental unit delivered on a Saturday. Then, there's a shipping fee for that, but we don't charge you a daily rental use rate for that day.
- Do I pay when the unit is on a UPS truck?
- No. Your rental starts on the first FULL day the instrument is in your hands and ends on the day you ship the instrument back. Unless an instrument is schedule for early AM arrival, you are not charged rental costs for the day the unit gets to you. And if you need a unit for Monday use, and we have it there on Friday, you don't pay for the weekend.
- When is my credit card charged?
- When you place your order, we process a credit authorization for $1.00 solely to test for accurate card information, and protect you from credit card fraud. This transaction is just an expiring authorization, and not an actual charge against your account. Your card is never charged for the rental amount until the day the instrumentation ships to you from our warehouse.
- Do I have to pay tax on my rental?
- Taxes will be applied at order processing for orders that ship to locations in Illinois, Indiana, California, Texas, Utah, and Wisconsin. Please let us know if your company is located in one of these states and holds a tax exempt status. We will need to have a copy of your tax exempt form on file.
- Did you know... the U.S. Internal Revenue Service allows you to take a tax deduction for equipment rental expenses when they are "ordinary and necessary" to operating the business. So, if your business requires the rental of equipment to perform your job, your company can claim a deduction for the full rental cost.
- Do you charge late fees?
- If you decide to keep the instrumentation past the stated rental period of your order, you will be charged for the overtime. Rates will be determined using our standard day/week/month tables, and we'll adjust the time period to give you the most economical rate. If you're going to keep the instrument longer than you originally planned, please let us know via phone or e-mail, so we can adjust your rental contract, and make arrangements to not inconvenience the next rental customer.
- If you're running late because you need time to get your test data off the instrument, just call and let us know. If you'd prefer that we download the data for you and send it via e-mail or CD, we can do it for a small convenience fee.
- Do you offer discounts?
- We do our best to keep our everyday rental prices competitive and fair. And occasionally, we offer discounts on featured products. If you have a recurring need for rental instruments, let us know, and we'll gladly provide you with special frequent-renter rates.
- What are my shipping costs?
- Cost-Savings Special! Rentals of $500 value or more qualify for free round-trip UPS Ground shipping within the contiguous (lower 48) United States. If you need the instrument faster, you only pay the difference in the expedited shipping to get the unit to you. This offer is good on qualified rentals shipped from our Bensenville IL or Salt Lake City UT service centers.
- For daily rate rentals, you'll be charged shipping rates for both shipping to your location and returning the unit to us.
- Normally, we ship to you via UPS ground to keep your shipping costs low. If you need expedited shipping or Saturday delivery, you will pay a premium cost for that service.
- Though UPS is our standard shipping provider, if you prefer, we will use FedEx on request.
- Using UPS's online system, we make the best shipping cost estimate available when you place your order. We promise to ship as economically as possible based on instrument availability and your desired rental start date. We calculate exact shipping at the time we package the instrument.
- RAECO Rents will include a pre-printed return shipping label in the box with your rental order. If, while the instrument is at your site, we need the instrument returned faster than UPS ground (so the next renter can use it), we'll send you a new shipping label. This will NOT affect your rental time, and you won't be charged anything for the faster return delivery.
- Can I use my company's shipper number?
- If you prefer, you can use you own company's shipper number from UPS or Fed Ex. In this case, you will be charged for the carrier's insurance cost to cover instrument replacement.
- Can you ship to a hotel or to a job site?
- Sure. If you're staying at a hotel for a project, we'll ship the rental instrumentation to arrive when you need it. If you want the rental shipped directly to a job site, we just ask that you provide a contact name and phone number at that location. If it's easier for you, we can even issue a UPS call tag (for a small fee), and have UPS pick the rental unit up at your hotel for easy return after you're done using it. That way, you don't have to find a UPS location to drop off the rental unit for return.
- How long after I order does the instrument ship?
- That depends on when you need it. If you place your order by 3PM Central time, and need it immediately, we can ship the same day. Normally, we ship far enough in advance of your required arrival date to send the package by UPS ground and help keep your shipping costs low.
- Can I get a same day shipment?
- Yes, our office is located just south of O'Hare International Airport. So we have the ability to get you a same day shipment. It does come at a premium cost.
- Can I get my delivery on Saturday?
- Yes, provided that service is available from the carrier to your location.
- What if I need the instrument first thing Monday morning?
- We will ship the instrument to arrive the Friday before, so you are all set to go for Monday morning. And it won't cost you any extra in rental fees. We don't count weekend days.
- What's this Return Shipping Label program?
- Along with every rental kit, you'll get a pre-printed, pre-paid return shipping label to get the instrument back to us. Just put the label on the shipping box, and drop it off at the nearest UPS location (or your plant dock, if your company has regular UPS service.) If it's not convenient for you to get to a UPS drop-off, we'll be happy to issue a call tag (for a small fee) and have UPS pick up the rental at your location.
- Just be sure to save the shipping carton when you get your rental, so you have a box for the return. We'll even include packing tape with the unit to make it easier for you to seal the box for return shipping.
- Do you rent internationally?
- We will gladly do business with rental customers in Canada. However, for most other countries, customers find rental and transit time costs too prohibitive to consider doing business this way.
- Can I take the instrument out of the United States?
- Yes you can. But, you are bound by the same rules regarding any damage or theft that occurs during use or transit.
Rent-to-Own or Leasing Arrangements
- Can I purchase your rental instruments?
- Yes, we will sell our rental instruments. You'll find a current list of our gently used instruments on this website, with quantities and pricing. We base our sale price on the age of the instrument and how much rental use the instrument has seen.
- What if I rent and decide to buy?
- If, during or after your rental, you decide you want to purchase the instrument, call us! We'll apply a portion of your rental charges, depending on the length of your rental contract, toward the purchase of the instrument, and if needed, help set up a payment plan so that you will own it once the agreed amount is paid off.
Comments and Suggestions
- Can I make suggestions about RAECO Rents service?
- Of course! In fact, we encourage it. After your rental, you can expect a call from one of our team, to make sure you've had the best experience possible. Please be candid when we call, and let us know what we did wrong, as well as what we did right, so we know how to improve. We take all our customer feedback seriously, and have implemented many of the suggestions, including our return shipping policy and several of our latest rental instruments. And if you're willing, we'd be honored to add your testimonial to the ones we have posted on our website.